Saturday, April 05, 2008

Freedom from Pull-ups!

It's been a long process, but Big C is officially out of diapers. I was beginning to think we were going to have to pack a diaper bag for Kindergarten. Some wiser and more experienced moms told me to calm down. He would go when he was ready. Boy were they right. We established a rule that we wear underwear at home and Pull-ups only at preschool. C quickly decided that going to the potty was better than the alternative mess. We started off with a few accidents, but it has been smooth sailing for 2 weeks now. Now we are in underwear 24/7. I am so proud of my big boy!


Speaking of freedom: I had jury duty last week. I knew that I would need to bring along a fairly mindless, but portable project in my knitting bag. I grabbed up some blueberry Cotton-Tots that I had in my stash for Tater's Cotton Cardi. By the time the judge dismissed us I was finished with the yoke. I found the adorable blue sunhat at Tuesday Morning on one of our long lunch breaks.

Glaucoma makes bright sunlight uncomfortable, so I've been collecting cute hats for Charley. I think I may be developing a habit here. Kim has her hairbows, I have my sunhats.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments are "sew" fun!:

Kim :) said...

HOORAY for Big C!!! That is almost like getting a raise! :)

Love, love, love your sunhat collections!!!!