Sunday, March 06, 2011

Milestones

 
Last week we began to notice some changes in Charli's damaged eye. I made a call to our surgeon and he confirmed that it is phthisis. This really doesn't mean any changes in her prognosis. It just confirms again what we knew all along. Her eye is at the end stages of this terrible process and there is no turning back.

It is hard some days for me not to slip back into thinking about those weeks following the cornea transplant and just how well CG could see. Then I think about all we went through during the infection and find myself right back in a dark place. The day I spoke with the surgeon could have easily been one of those days.

But then I looked at all the work displayed on our refrigerator... and I remembered all the milestones Charli has reached without the use of her left eye. She's writing her name and drawing stick people for the first time. She can count past 10, hop on one foot, and play games on her Leapster. She is absorbing Braille like a sponge. She can hit a ball off a tee and throw over handed. She's not looking back... and I guess neither should I.
Showing some attitude with that stance.

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. Philippians 3:12-14

0 Comments are "sew" fun!: