Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hooray for Easy Knitting!

My knitting has to be super simple these days. My brain simply doesn't have enough bandwidth left over for complicated projects. And besides pattern leaflets don't stand a chance in this house. They just get scribbled on, torn, or dribbled with juice. If I can't memorize the pattern it can't be done.

I finished the Dropped Stitch Shawl this weekend. Very simple knitting... garter stitch, double yarn overs, and simple increasing/decreasing. I like the result so much that I started another in red Eco-Cotton. They are both going to be gifts for two very special friends.

I also finished some red wool socks for Afghans for Afghans. The garter stitch short row heels and toes are so easy and cute. I may never pick up stitches on a heel flap again. The yarn is Farrah's hand dyed from way back when.
Hooray for girls! Charli let me paint her toenails this evening. Don't they look adorable with her new pink sandals? She's being fitted for glasses next week. They probably won't improve her vision much, but will provide more protection from the sun. I'll post pics as soon as she gets them. Pray she will keep them on!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments are "sew" fun!:

ashleigha said...

Great work! Love her toenails...Morgan let me paint hers a month or so ago, when the paint chips off she tells me to redo them! What have I started.