Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Knitting in Braille


I've been trying to come up with an interesting way to knit Charli's name into her blanket. An old episode of Knitty Gritty featured a sweater with the knitter's name written in braille with bobbles. Bobbles are a pain to knit, so why not use beads instead? This swatch is my name. Pretty cool huh?
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments are "sew" fun!:

Kim :) said...

What a fun idea!!!!!!!!! You are so creative!

Shelob said...

That looks EXCELLENT! What a marvelous way to go!

--shelob (from ravelry)

Jen, Dave, Leah and Daniel said...

Very neat! She will love it!

Emily Rice said...

Jennifer, that is so cool! I told you I am also a knitter, right? I am thrilled that we have some things in common. :)

-Emily Ayi (aunti in Chinese)

blindpurls said...

I love the bead idea! I just started to learn Braille last week and used a Perkins brailler for the first time. I have to admit it's addictive once you get the hang of it. (or maybe it's just me, I'm a big happy geek 8-))