Monday, June 26, 2006

Can you spare a square?

















As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Knitty Biddies are making children's blankets for my church's fall mission trip to the Ukraine. Along with knitting our own blankets, we are enlisting friends to knit, sew, crochet, etc... for the project. For the next six weeks we would like to collect knitted squares to be sewn together into blankies. How can you help? Knit a mitered square as precribed in Mason-Dixon Knitting or any other approximately 7 inch square. Email me , I'll give you the mailing address, and you can drop it in the mail.

We will post our progress as the squares come in (keeping my fingers crossed). Every square sent in by August 7 will also enter you in a drawing for a fabulous prize: a yarn kit for the Cotton-Ease Log Cabin blankie as seen on my blog.

So dive into that stash, pick up those needles, and knit a little cheer for kids who live in a cold drab place. Thanks in advance!









Posted by Picasa

1 Comments are "sew" fun!:

Anonymous said...

Surfed here from MD Knitalong and after reading back, I see that you were planning to go to the signing at Knit Nouveau.

Were you there? I was!

I'm curious about where you live b/c I am low on good local knitting girls.