Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dye-O-Rama Meme

Your favorite colors? Blue and Green

Preferred yarn weight: sport or fingering

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I like multi-colors or solids with slight variations in color.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? I will like what ever he/she sends!

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Sure, but I'm alergic to angora and mohair, so alpaca could be a problem too.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Blissful Bubbles

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? This is my first swap or KAL and I enjoy dying.

General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? A few times.

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? I really like Kool-Aid.

Do you spin? nope

Have you knit socks before? Yes. Love it!

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? Just socks.

What are some of your favorite yarns? Lorna's Laces, Koigu

What yarn do you totally covet? Regia Canadian Classic Colors

Favorite patterns? Simple but interesting patterns. I love every pattern in MasonDixon Knitting.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? My dream pattern is a traditional aran sweater, but I just don't have the time or talent. =)

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Susan Bates Circs

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Wool-Ease; cheap and scratchy (Just kidding!) I would probably be Koigu; fun, interesting and soft.

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chips!

What’s your favorite animal? Dog

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Shetland Sheepdog, Pebbles, 5

If you were a color what color would you be? blue

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)... My black 3/4 tee with colorful embroidery (blue, coral, and green) across the bodice.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Lately I have really enjoyed watching the blue birds in my back yard tend to their young. They are excellent parents and very beautiful .

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. "A hand knit blanket is a form of immortality."

0 Comments are "sew" fun!: